The Brown Nurses is an independent ministry of Our Lady’s Nurses for the Poor. Established in 2008, we provide in-home care and support to the most disadvantaged and marginalised in the City of Sydney Local Government Area.
Many of our clients live with debilitating physical and mental illnesses, or are at risk of homelessness. Being in the care of the Brown Nurses may be their last opportunity to live independently.
Support is offered in line with the charism of Eileen O’Connor and the social justice teachings of the Catholic Church, which upholds the dignity of the individual and their right to fullness of life.
Our mission is to:
- Offer holistic nursing care to the sick poor in their own homes
- Advocate for access to appropriate health and welfare services
- Build trusting relationships
- Offer hope and compassion
- Journey with the individual to restore their dignity and self-worth