If you would like to refer a client to the care of the Brown Nurses, please contact our Director of Services to discuss the suitability of our service and capacity to assist.
To be considered for assistance, potential clients should meet the following criteria:
- Poor, disadvantaged, marginalised and/or at risk of homelessness.
- Confined to home because of physical and/or mental disability.
- Unable to access mainstream health and welfare services necessary for their well-being and safety.
- Reside within the boundaries of the City of Sydney Local Government Area (referrals will also be considered for certain areas of the Inner West Council catchment, determined by proximity to our base).
- Willing to accept our services.
Please note that the Brown Nurses is not an acute medical or mental health nursing service. We cannot accept referrals at the point of discharge from hospital without prior discussion, especially for individuals with complex care needs.